Internet Explorer 7 wont respond

pj1664 00:30 07 Aug 07

Hi, My internet works fine but my internet explorer itself wont respond, ie it does not load any pages, it just keeps saying this prog. is not responding. All I did was updated my wireless driver from dell and thats when the problem started. I have even tried re installing windows but no change. I have been on microsoft knowledge base sit but cant find a solution. Appreciate if anyone had a similar problem and found a solution and would like to share it with me. Thanks.

pk46 01:05 07 Aug 07

What OS are you running???

ArrGee 01:05 07 Aug 07

Have you tried re-installing IE?

pj1664 01:12 07 Aug 07

Windows xp sp2 and yes I have tried reinstalling IE, still nada, at the moment I am trying sfc /scannow to see if it will resolve the problem but I am still open to suggestions just in case it does not work.

ArrGee 01:20 07 Aug 07

Run this first and then re-install the OS (will take about 3 hours)

click here

pj1664 01:30 07 Aug 07

Thanks ArrGee, but I dont want to wipe clean my drive, It seems like a prog. fault rather then OS fault.

ArrGee 01:40 07 Aug 07

3 hours will probably be less time than trying to figure out the base problem. Best to back-up any documents and run the format and reinstallation.

If you have a restore-point, try going to that first.

beeuuem 02:21 07 Aug 07

You could try uninstalling IE7 from Add/Remove programmes which should restore IE6. If this works you could then try a fresh install of IE7.
Alternatively you could try an 'over the top reinstall of XP as click here to Repair Windows XP by Installing Over top of Existing Setup:
This would mean obtaining Windows updates again but you should not lose any programmes or data.

Taff™ 06:27 07 Aug 07

Have you tried "Rolling Back" the wireless driver? Go to Device manager, right click the wireless adapter and go to the driver tab. You`ll see a button to Roll Back Driver. Since it was immediately after you installed the update it may work.

pj1664 09:17 07 Aug 07

I have tried all of the above, I tried rolling back driver but it says no backup drivers were safe.I have tried to restore system to different date but it wont go beyond yesterday when I re-installed windows (Repair windows installation)

pj1664 09:22 07 Aug 07

Sorry what I ment to say was backup drivers were not safe, therefor rollback driver is not possible.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…