Internet explorer 7 will not work

donmar 19:34 03 Oct 06

I.E. 7 Downloaded and installed but will not connect.I get a message 'IE has encountered a problem and must close'which it then does after asking me to send an error message.

Can anyone help? I haved XP Home and AOL9 SP 2 Stacks of memory etc.I.E. 6 Has uninstalled and after IE7 it will not come back.

Please help if you can.

Don

anskyber 19:52 03 Oct 06

In theory ( I say that because the MS site says so) if you uninstall from add remove programs it should roll back to IE6. I did just that and IE 6 came back. I thought I had a problem with it which was not the case so I have reinstalled IE7 RC1 from here click here Is yours IE7 RC1?

donmar 21:06 03 Oct 06

Yes IE7 RC1.Have tried uninstall as suggested but no sign of IE6 which was uninstalled prior to installation of IE7.

Thanks for your help.

Don

LAPTOPBABE 21:11 03 Oct 06

I had to get rid of it had all sorts of problems, i just deleted it from add/remove programs and went back to IE6. i have exactly the same set up as you, i wonder if its anything to do with it.

donmar 21:20 03 Oct 06

Would like to revert to 6 but I cant find it to download and it is not on my hard drive anywhere.

Don

VoG II 21:23 03 Oct 06

Start, Add or Remove Programs, tick Show updates at the top, remove it.

donmar 21:38 03 Oct 06

Done that and rebooted.7 gone.How do I get 6 back?
Don

Monoux 21:52 03 Oct 06
  Hertz Van Rentyl 21:53 03 Oct 06

There may be a way if you have the ie.inf file on your computer. Go to start/search/ allfiles and folders, you need to tick show hidden files and subfolders. If it's there right click on it and choose install. You may need to change the path a bit, if you have I386 in a folder point to that, or use the disc if you have it.

donmar 22:15 03 Oct 06

Downloaded from Monoux(thank you) now have to reboot so will try all and get back tomorrow.ie inf not present hertz Van rental.
Thank you all
Don

donmar 22:48 03 Oct 06

IE6 download will not proceed because it detects a more recent version.I have done all I can to delete and clean off all previous versions including sys restore but nothing works.Any ideas.
Don

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5