Internet Explorer 7 trouble

belmore1 13:24 09 Sep 08

I have had Explorer7 for some time but now having problems. I get messages 'Incompatable Browser'. 'Internal error in Microsoft Internet Extensions'. 'Not connected to the Internet'. Plus am unable to go into some web sites or download. All inconsistent problems.

I have Zone Alarm Security Suite which I have uninstalled and re-installed. I have defragged, checked disk for errors, shut down Zone Alarm,run Adware etc but still get error messages.

My ISP say nothing is untoward their end. My desktop pc is barely a year old.
Would appreciate if anyone could offer some suggestions or advice on this.

Marko797 13:28 09 Sep 08

try the IE8 beta, which has a compatibility mode.

Am not an IE expert by any stretch, but am using IE8 and apart from initial issues which I've overcome by using the compatibility mode, all seems well so far.

pj1664 13:47 09 Sep 08

Use firefox 3 its alot better and faster

Try resetting it,
click here

birdface 15:13 09 Sep 08

If you have downloaded Sp3 and you press reset it takes the computer back to the beginning at least it did for me.I can't remember how I got out of it.I would not use reset it again.Now this may just have been a problem with my computer as I have not heard from anyone else who has pressed the reset button after downloading SP3

I used reset today with no apparent problems(sp3).
When you say
"If you have downloaded Sp3 and you press reset it takes the computer back to the beginning"
Beginning of what?

birdface 15:21 09 Sep 08

Try Firefox.Delete Zone Alarm and then run C Cleaner then reinstall Zone Alarm or switch the windows firewall on temporary after you have run C Cleaner and see if it runs ok without Zone Alarm.Switch all of your add-ons off and see if it runs any better.try ,Tools.Internet options.advanced and press restore advanced settings.If using IE7 maybe go back to IE6 I think you can only do that if you have not downloaded SP3.

birdface 15:26 09 Sep 08

Yes sorry ,It took me back to when I reformatted computer.Anyhow wherever it took me back to was not normal.Like I said it may just have been a problem with my computer at the time.

provider 2 15:49 09 Sep 08

I think you may have to go through these checks to sort the problem(s):

click here

belmore1 16:13 09 Sep 08

I have tried reset IE7 but no change in problem.
I downloaded IE8 Beta2 still the same problem so then uninstalled IE8 Beta.
I am rapidly beginning to use the will to live!!!

provider 2 16:33 09 Sep 08

Whatever else, you would be better to leave SP3 alone for the moment, unless you have already installed it of course.

You haven`t actually said but you are on XP, aren`t you?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017