Internet Explorer 7 Tabs

David4637 10:22 27 Nov 10

I have just started using the above, and therefore the tabs are new to me?
Why do you need to use tabs, when you can switch to different windows by clicking on the minimised windows to the right of the Start button?
Thanks David

Sea Urchin 10:50 27 Nov 10

Using tabs in IE7

click here

birdface 11:05 27 Nov 10

I always have tabs switched off.
I had lots of problems using Tabs with XP it would close all of the Tabs instead of the one that you wanted to close.
So I keep them switched off and no more problems.

David4637 14:22 27 Nov 10

Thanks both for a reply. I am still trying to understand what you can use them for?
Thanks David

David4637 15:17 28 Nov 10

Can anyone can give me a good reason for using Tabs in Internet Explorer 7? Thanks David

Sea Urchin 15:25 28 Nov 10

You use them if you feel they help you navigate around Internet Explorer - but it's quite voluntary. You don't have to use them.

My previous link shows you just what they do and how they work - so you have to make up your own mind if you think they will be of benefit to you.

David4637 10:43 29 Nov 10

Don't really know if they provide a useful option or not.
Could someone tell me how they use them, and therefore what benefit from tabs is gained?
Thanks David

BRYNIT 10:56 29 Nov 10

As long as you have added a web page to your home page list, the tabs allow you to open more than one home page when you first click on ie. I have 4 that I visit the main one being Pcadvisor, it saves time opening them individually.

Woolwell 11:37 29 Nov 10

I often open a link from a search in a new tab. That way I can quickly go back to the search page. It also helps if I am looking at reviews of products and can have several tabs of different reviews of the same product open at once and swap tabs to compare. I wouldn't be without tabs now.

David4637 21:11 29 Nov 10

Thats a good reply, I now know why you would use a tab. Thanks for all your replies. David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced