internet explorer 7 problems

pejay1967 14:00 23 Jan 08

hi folks can anybody help i have a packard bell notebook 2 years old xp i have done away with norton and deleted the software and put on avg free. but for the last 4 months i cannot get onto internet explorer or avg updates or microsoft updates the only way i can get onto web is through aol 9 i have turned the firewall of to try and see if its the firewall but still no luck i use a wirelss router with a wireless card D-link if any1 can help i would be very grateful

birdface 14:23 23 Jan 08

Run the Norton removal tool to get rid of it completely. click here

User-1229748 14:26 23 Jan 08

if you go to internet options in control panel press programs is internet explorer your default browser?if it is then the only other thing i can suggest is disabling all add-ons and if it works then enable the add-ons one by one to see which one is the problem.other than that i'm out of my league.

pejay1967 20:16 23 Jan 08

it says to check my proxy settings they are wrong if this helps cheers guys

birdface 08:43 24 Jan 08

Googled.click here= Did you run the Norton removal tool after you deleted Norton.If not this could be the cause of your problems.Can you use Firefox ok.Sorry but I don't know anything about routers.If using IE7 you could try.Tools.Internet options.Advanced.And press restore advanced settings.If that does not work.go back to advanced and press reset,You will loose any add-ons that you had,But that resets I/E back to its original state.Last thing would be to trey a system restore to a point before you had the problems.That is if you can go back that far.

laurie53 09:16 24 Jan 08

This is a known problem (I have uninstalled IE7 because it's so flaky). Do a forum search - you may find a solution

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…