Internet Explorer 7 - Problem reading Mail ?

freaky 11:16 22 Sep 07

When I click on 'Read Mail' on the Tool bar of IE7 it no longer works !

However it works OK if I click on the shortcut on the desktop quick start tool bar.

I am using Outlook Express 6 version: -
6.00. 2900.2180 (PPS_sp2_rtm.04083-2158

Anybody have any suggestions please ?

Sea Urchin 13:52 22 Sep 07

I can only suggest that you make sure Outlook Express is shown as your default email program. On the Tools menu in IE click Internet Options and click the Programs tab. Ensure that the E-Mail option is displaying Outlook Express and click OK.

freaky 15:33 22 Sep 07

Thanks for the reply.

Yes that was the problem, in the Email Box nothing was showing !

On my other PC, Internet Options > Programs > Calendar....the box shows 'Microsoft Outlook'.

On the Calendar Box on the PC that had the above problem, there are no options at all.

Is this normal ?

Sea Urchin 17:18 22 Sep 07

Sorry - I've been watching the cricket! On the PC that shows nothing in the calendar box do you have Outlook installed? If not, then that box will probably be empty.

Sea Urchin 17:21 22 Sep 07

Sorry - I've been watching the cricket! On the PC that shows nothing in the calendar box do you have Outlook installed? If not, then that box will probably be empty.

Sea Urchin 17:26 22 Sep 07

Sea Urchin 17:28 22 Sep 07

Sea Urchin 17:40 22 Sep 07

Problems with posting - but I think I made my point!!!

freaky 18:46 22 Sep 07

You sure made your point !!

Yes, both PC's have XP, IE7 and Microsoft Outlook.

Just checked again, there are no choices available.

freaky 18:47 22 Sep 07

The Forum seems a little slow, I almost sent the above post again.

Sea Urchin 19:17 22 Sep 07

I can't find a way of specifying the Outlook calendar when there are no options available in the box. Hopefully somebody else may come up with the solution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…