Internet Explorer 7 problem

Totally-braindead 00:00 02 Feb 07

Just reinstalled windows XP and done all the updates and its installed Internet Explorer & and the patches for it. But it keeps crashing.
I'm using Firefox just now which appears to be 100% ok but can anyone give me an idea as to whats wrong with IE7. And can you delete it as I don't like it as much as IE6 anyway?

Technotiger 00:07 02 Feb 07

Hi, yes you can delete IE7 in Control Panel>Add/Remove ... this will automatically revert you to IE6.

Totally-braindead 00:11 02 Feb 07

Thanks for that Technotiger I'll try and see if I can sort it, if not away it goes. Or I'll try to get used to Firefox.
Still like to know why IE7 crashes all the time though.

Technotiger 00:15 02 Feb 07

I have just downloaded the latest Firefox, first time I have used it, and I like it. Dunno why IE7 is so troublesome, I tried that again tonight, but am sticking with IE6 and FF2 now.

Cheers

spuds 00:51 02 Feb 07

Some users state that they are very happy with IE7, other users appear to be having many problems. I have been using IE7 for a few weeks, and it is getting very annoying due to virtually daily crashes, and that is after re-installing twice. Looks like a return to IE6.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…