iNTERNET EXPLORER 7 KILLS INTERNET CONNECTION

BTony 19:22 05 Feb 07

Hi all,
Running XP Pro (SP2) - NTL Cable broadband. Tried downloading IE7 (twice) both times came up with "smartbridge error" Tech help said "Just click o.k" - tried this but no internet connection. Tried to run IPCONFIG to release/renew I.P.Address - but IPCONFIG did not return anything? Restored back to IE6 - all runs O.K.
Can anybody help why IE7 will not work?
Thanks in advance

Ashrich 19:46 05 Feb 07

Take a look at this click here it should answer your problems .

Ashley

birdface 00:57 06 Feb 07

Ignore the smartbridge connection,Was going to say click ok and it should run okay,But you have tried that and it failed,Normally this is only because you cannot run broadband Medic on IE7,And you get that warning,NTL were going to fix it in two weeks ,That was about three months ago, They still have not fixed it,If you also have their phone on your NTL bundle,Give them a ring, 150 and its free,If you are thinking of downloading IE7 again,If you are running any extra toolbars,Either Delete them or update them,Turn off your Anti-Virus+Firewall,Then download IE7,Anti-Virus +Firewall will restart when you reboot computer,

tye 05:26 06 Feb 07

Also running xp pro ntl bb - no probs at all using it to get ie7. New comp, & for a few days I got an 'error on page' message, but when I deleted all history & cookies in internet options & ran ccleaner click here all was OK. I needed to run cc. 3 or 4 times - anyone else have this problem? Try googling problems or error messages - or use this sites's search function. Good luck. -T

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…