Internet Explorer 7 - initial access

LimestoneRock 16:05 08 Apr 09

I'm running IE7 on 2 desktops and one laptop linked wirelessly. Whenever I used to "log" into IE7 with my main PC, it went through the motions but would not open the page and then came out with a message like Internet Explorer unavailable. I would then Ctrl, Alt & Delete and in Windows Task Manager would End Task for IE7 and exit. Then when I went into IE7 afterwards it would log in straightaway to my homepage. It always happened on my main PC and only sometimes on the other two. I tried changing to IE8 to see if this cured the problem but there was no success. I regularly run utility programs to clear out the machines.
I have just changed over from Virgin Cable to TalkTalk and I still have the problem - if anything it is worse in that it happens all the time on all 3 computers but I always get on at second attempt after Ending Task initially in Task Manager.
Can anyone give any advice - it gets frustrating always having to have two attempts at getting on the internet.

oldbeefer2 19:03 08 Apr 09

From personal experience, I would suggest you download Firefox. I find it far better than any version of IE.

LimestoneRock 12:47 09 Apr 09

Thank you oldbeefer2 - I am trying Firefox on the laptop and so far all OK. I am impressed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now