Internet Explorer 7, Homepage

myanmarboy 22:34 16 Jan 07

i recently upgraded to IE 7 (OS XP Home) and find that I cannot change my homepage. Whatever I do it reverts to the msn.com - the American page. I have tried changing it through Internet Options on the control panel and through the tools menu on the browser bar but it always reverts to the default page. Is there any way I can change the default settings or even uninstall this version of IE. I have IE 6 on my laptop and everything is fine there.
All help appreciated.
Thanks

jorel 23:36 16 Jan 07

I can't help with home page unfortunately, but to get back to IE6 do a system restore to an earlier date. Programmes> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore.
I loaded IE7 and had problems with Firewalls, and I didn't particularly like it either, so I restored back to a date before I loaded IE7..

birdface 08:48 17 Jan 07

Have you tried ,Tools, Internet Options,Programs,Half way down it should say,Internet Explorer is the default Web Browser,Make sure it is,Underneath Tic the box,Tell me if Internet Explorer is not the default web page,See if that helps.

myanmarboy 11:37 17 Jan 07

Jorel,Buteman and Forum Member, many thanks for your feedback. I seem to have finally resolved the issue which looks like it had nothing to do with IE 7. Having made countless attempts to change the Homepage and failed, I shut down my Spysweeper tried again and it worked first time. I'd had no alerts from the Spysweeper to say that it was blocking changes but shutting it downn to make the change, seems to work.
Thanks again, it's good to have a place like this to come to.

Tankie 74 12:01 19 Jan 07

This may be akin to myandmarboy resolved problem. I am using XP ans AOL 9.0 BB. I use AOL homepage when using the internet.In recent weeks when I come out of most applications, eg Word Excel etc after closing them down the IE homepage pops up. Its annoying.
Tankie 74

JustWingNIt 19:49 31 Jan 07

If you are running Norton Internet Security software, 2006 and 2007, there is a Homepage security protection in the AntiVirus options that may be preventing IE7 homepage from being changed.

Tankie 74 19:32 04 Feb 07

Thanks for that JustWingNIt.
I am using AVG Free. I think if I remove IE7 entirely that that will solve the problem. However will I still be able to use AOL?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced