Internet Explorer 7 Home Page Problem

savenosouls 19:13 13 Jun 07

Help - how can I change the homepage for ie7 - despite repeated attemps to change it - it always defaults back to msn.com or more precisely :-

click here

I normally use firefox - but on the odd occasion use ie7 - and I am getting very frustrated with it!!! Thanks to all who can help in advance

Save no souls and break no promises!

birdface 19:25 13 Jun 07

Internet Options,Erase the home page,And type in the homepage that you want,Apply. Ok.

savenosouls 19:28 13 Jun 07

I kind of knew that - however no matter what I type - always reverts to the link posted above ( a microsoft site) even tried multiple homepages - the all revert no matter what I type & apply - I am well frustrated

Stuartli 19:47 13 Jun 07

Call up the page that you want as the home page>Internet Options>General tab>Use Current Page button.

Stuartli 19:48 13 Jun 07

I'm assuming it's the same as IE6.

Woolwell 19:51 13 Jun 07

Have you got an anti-malware program running which blocks changes to the home page? Spybot for example can do this.

anskyber 19:56 13 Jun 07

Try this, the last comment? click here

savenosouls 19:57 13 Jun 07

I have Norton Internet security running (I have spybot also, but not running)

birdface 20:01 13 Jun 07

Hi,Another one that I have just read,Same problem, started in Safe mode,Changed the home page there,Rebooted and kept the new home page.Only problem was that he could not change it again,Although he tried.Worth a try.

savenosouls 20:05 13 Jun 07

Should add - Norton Internet Security 2006

birdface 20:06 13 Jun 07

Turn Norton off and try again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…