Internet Explorer 7 (Beta)

swanson2 01:06 31 May 06

Hi,

I have spent a fair amount of time testing IE 7.

If it worked OK it would be great but it still has a lot of "teething" problems.

The interface is far better than IE 6 but what does that matter when you can't access all of your favourite web sites?

My advice would be to leave it for a few months until most of the bugs are ironed out.

swanson2 13:10 24 Jun 06

Nobody has responded so I will tick this as resolved!

Jimmy14 13:23 24 Jun 06

I downloaded it and tryed it but your right, it does have alot of teething problems. It kept on showing my connection box and dialing it constant when i went on to any webpage. I reported it to Microsoft and just uninstalled it. I am now using Opera and think its alot better than any IE by Microsoft

Jackcoms 14:43 24 Jun 06

Interesting that you've both jumped, rather rapidly, to the same conclusion that IE7 still has a lot of "teething problems".

You both seem to have ignored the fact that it is still a Beta and, by definition, will have teething problems and bugs.

smonoco 14:48 24 Jun 06

I agree - my I.E. 7 crashed way too much and showed error messages each time I shut it down. It also had many other problems beyond count!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch