Internet Explorer 7 (Beta)

swanson2 01:06 31 May 06

Hi,

I have spent a fair amount of time testing IE 7.

If it worked OK it would be great but it still has a lot of "teething" problems.

The interface is far better than IE 6 but what does that matter when you can't access all of your favourite web sites?

My advice would be to leave it for a few months until most of the bugs are ironed out.

swanson2 13:10 24 Jun 06

Nobody has responded so I will tick this as resolved!

Jimmy14 13:23 24 Jun 06

I downloaded it and tryed it but your right, it does have alot of teething problems. It kept on showing my connection box and dialing it constant when i went on to any webpage. I reported it to Microsoft and just uninstalled it. I am now using Opera and think its alot better than any IE by Microsoft

Jackcoms 14:43 24 Jun 06

Interesting that you've both jumped, rather rapidly, to the same conclusion that IE7 still has a lot of "teething problems".

You both seem to have ignored the fact that it is still a Beta and, by definition, will have teething problems and bugs.

smonoco 14:48 24 Jun 06

I agree - my I.E. 7 crashed way too much and showed error messages each time I shut it down. It also had many other problems beyond count!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…