Internet Explorer 7

mike40 12:30 20 May 08

Hi

Can some one tell me if there is a repair facility for the above. I have just started having trouble with it It keeps shutting down for no reason particularly when accessing this site. I ran sfc and it changed the appearance. Now, non of the links in my favourites will open. System restore will not work either. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Many thanks

Crash 12:34 20 May 08

Try downloading it click here and reinstall it

mike40 12:36 20 May 08

Hi again

Also when I try to access links in this forum. I get a message "the requested lookup key was not found in any activation context. I also got this message when I tried to download IE7 again.

cheers

mike40 12:37 20 May 08

HI Crash

sorry I posted at the same time. As I say I cannot access links in this site.

Many thanks

birdface 14:04 20 May 08

Repair.Try .Tools Internet Options.Advanced.And press reset.

birdface 14:12 20 May 08

Maybe uninstall it and go back to IE6.See if it works ok on there.

Poitier 14:26 20 May 08

Providing that you have not yet installed SP3 you could delete everything from the address bar and then type in it goie7.notlong.com and surf to that address to uninstall it and replace it with IE6.If you wish you could then reinstall IE7 but be aware of the recent post by skidzy about uninstalling IE7 before installing SP3.

mike40 16:06 20 May 08

Hi

Sorry I had to go out. After a lot of messing about I managed to get into safe mode. I then ran a system restore which took a long time but finally everything seems to be working OK. I have just been speaking to a colleague who has had a very similar problem. He did uninstalled service pack 3 and everything returned to normal. I must admit I did try returning to IE6 and I should have read skidzy's post before doing so as I lost it altogether. Fortunately the system restore has put everything back into place.

Many thanks to all for for your assistance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…