Internet explorer 7

susiepops 16:21 28 Jan 08

I appreciate there are many articles on the subject of being unable to connect to the internet but I am at a loss:

Present situation is that I have IE 7 running on XP and a Vista laptop but despite all efforts cannot connect via a Vista PC.

- The PC is connected by LAN cable to an Orange Box.
- I can connect using Firefox and Windows Mail works
perfectly.
- I have tried removing add-ons and carried out
resets as advised by Microsoft and others.
- I have also tried removing an update which some
people found to be a problem.

Exploring when opened simply shows 'connecting' and does not move on from there nor does it provide an error windoww.

I imagine that the problem would be resolved if I could repair Explorer or install over the top but I have been unable to achieve this.

I would be very grateful if anyone can help resolve this problem.

mfletch 16:27 28 Jan 08

Hi,

I do not use Vista but check to see if your firewall is blocking the connection,

mfletch

susiepops 17:16 28 Jan 08

Firewall is set to allow IE.I have also tried reducing browser settings:closing down Zonealarm.

I have also deleted all browser history.

There has to be an answer somewhere.

mfletch 17:26 28 Jan 08

Hi,

Have you deleted all temp Internet files,

I should imagine you have tried a different address,

It may be a MTU problem,

click here

anskyber 17:28 28 Jan 08

Do you have a Vista DVD?

susiepops 17:40 28 Jan 08

Yep. All temp files deleted.

Wee bit concerned over playing around with MTU not that I know how to. But if Firefox is fine would the same settings not be OK got IE?

susiepops 17:46 28 Jan 08

asnskyber:

I have a recovery disk created when the PC was first purchased but the options on it indicate that only a complete reinstall may provide a solution. It does not seem that I can retain my folders and programs and install over or recover as I could with XP. If only IE7 was not incorporated within Vista but separate. For obvious reasons I am reluctant to take this step.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced