Internet Explorer 7

cowgirl66 15:42 26 Apr 07

Hi all,

Do I have to uninstall Internet Explorer 7 before reformatting Windows XP? I seem to remember reading somewhere that one has to revert to IE6 but maybe I'm wrong.

provider 2 15:44 26 Apr 07

Reformatting cowgirl? You`re into pretty drastic stuff these days!

yes thats correct cowgirl66

cowgirl66 15:47 26 Apr 07

well as you can see from my previous thread, i had two viruses show up yesterday and now my broadband connection Icon isnt showing in Systray. Neither do I even HAVE a network connection according to Control Panel. It's gone missing.

By reformatting i mean reinstalling windows xp

skidzy 15:48 26 Apr 07

Im assuming your running xp and have upgraded to IE7,if IE7 is giving you problems...goto control panel/add and remove programs and uninstall IE7,this will revert to IE6 if you indeed upgraded to IE7.

skidzy 15:49 26 Apr 07

Are you actually reinstalling windows or using the recovery disc ?

If the recovery disc you need not worry about uninstalling IE7.

provider 2 15:49 26 Apr 07

Oh, right. Didn`t see your prevoius post, sorry. I`ll go stand in the corner facing the wall!

cowgirl66 15:54 26 Apr 07

Golly, I dont' know lol. I put in a floppy first then the computer asks for each of 4 cds in turn. Is the floppy disc the boot disc?

cowgirl66 16:03 26 Apr 07

Hi again skidzy,

I didn't get any problem until Spyware Terminator found these two trojans:- Protux-E and Zlob-ABP.

Then Comodo Firewall went ballistic giving high security alerts every time I tried to connect to the internet.

Now my tv icons have gone missing and in Network Connections there is no icon for my broadband. And yet I'm still connected.

I have got rid of Comodo firewall for the moment and am using Windows firewall temporarily until I can sort this out.

skidzy 16:08 26 Apr 07

I assume you have got rid of the viruses now ?

Have you tried System Restore to a time before the Viruses.If this works and the system is stable,i would then reboot and disable SR,run the scans in safe mode/reboot and enable SR.This will create a new SR point,this is to validate a possible myth that the virus is not lodged in a restoire point.

I havnt seen the other thread, a link would be good.

cowgirl66 16:11 26 Apr 07

Here is my first thread which hsould explain in more detail the trouble i'm having.click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…