Internet explorer 7

ooermrs 16:16 19 Mar 07

Got my computer formatted and got it back yesterday. Before this i was running IE7, the computers come back running IE6. When i try and install IE7 again i get a message at the end of installing saying "internet explorer installation did not complete. You must restart your computer to remove any changes made" I've tried again with AVG and ZONE ALARM switched off but still the same.
Anyone got any ideas why it'll not install ?
Also my homepage is set at MSN and nothing i try will change it, any ideas on this one also ?

anskyber 16:28 19 Mar 07

Have you downloaded all the updates from MS? IE7 will only installon an XP SP2 machine or Vista.

skidzy 16:32 19 Mar 07

Do you have sp2 installed ? and all MS updates.

skidzy 16:32 19 Mar 07

Sorry anskyber,forgot to refresh...Doh !

ooermrs 17:07 19 Mar 07

Thanks, its an XP SP2 machine i've got. I double checked. I checked the updates too, a couple were installed the first time i tried to install it.

skidzy 17:09 19 Mar 07

So you have IE7 installed ?

ooermrs 17:22 19 Mar 07

No, it'll install the other updates but refuses to install IE7.

MAJ 17:33 19 Mar 07

Who formatted and reinstalled your operating system? Check that it is still seen as a valid version of XP. Click the "Validate Windows" button at this link. click here

ooermrs 17:41 19 Mar 07

Thanks MAJ. Its a friend who works with computers that does it.Its valid, i have to go through all that before trying to install IE7.

VoG II 17:45 19 Mar 07

Just in case click here
has been installed Start, Run, type

cmd

and click OK. Then at the > prompt

IE70Blocker.cmd /H

skidzy 17:48 19 Mar 07

Download Windows Installer CleanUp Utility click here Reboot, then try a reinstall of IE7

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…