Internet Explorer 7

Epirb406 17:40 30 Nov 06

Just a quickie, can't get the names of all the bars right but want to make the refresh button bigger and move it down one. Ie, next to the home button where I am so terribly used to finding it!

Any ideas, and am I making sense?

Thanks, Brgds, Epirb.

Woolwell 18:21 30 Nov 06

Do not know how to move the icon.
You can make all icons larger by right clicking and the lower tool bars and selecting use large icons.
By the way using F5 is a single keystroke to refresh the page.

Woolwell 18:22 30 Nov 06

should read "on the lower" not "and..."

GaT7 18:23 30 Nov 06

I don't think this is possible but with this tweak click here, you can move the Classic Menu to the top if you like. It worked for me click here (though I added it by editing the registry manually). G

P.S. Create a restore point before attempting just in case.

GaT7 18:27 30 Nov 06

Also wanted to add that you'll get used to the buttons/menus being in 'weird' places - give it some time : ) G

anskyber 18:27 30 Nov 06

As far as I am aware the refresh icon cannot be moved.

freaky 18:41 30 Nov 06

I am afraid you will have resign yourself to it's current position.

The extra physical activity of moving the mouse pointer further will do all of us and the mouse some good !

Epirb406 18:55 30 Nov 06

Everyone seems to know what I'm talking about but doesn't find it as annoying as me!

Crossbow, I will have a look at your registry tweaks when I have daylight to look at the problem, rushing into these things is never wise!

I am already on large icons and they don't seem over generous to me...

The reason is that I always have my current homepage to keep tabs on whatever current sporting event I am following, currently click here ,even though my mate has lost his boat!

So, I will quite frequently just refresh the home page as I am passing, just to see if there is new news. Hence my regular use and dismay at it not only moving but shrinking.

F5 it will have to be I suppose.

Thanks all, Epirb.

PS will leave open for just a little while longer.

Epirb406 18:59 30 Nov 06

Thanks for the link crossbow7 and yes, looks pretty straight forward but to be honest I can live without that tool bar at all, just give me my nice big refresh button back!!!

Brgds, Epirb.

Pidder 19:04 30 Nov 06

Where is the "refresh" button anyway, I can't find it.

anskyber 19:04 30 Nov 06

At the end of the address line

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…