Internet Explorer 7

rita90 16:30 29 Nov 06

I downloaded Internet Explorer 7 and have had an annoying problem since. When I open Internet Explorer, the dial up box appears, even though I am already online (broadband). I have to click to remove this box and most times that is OK, but sometimes Internet Explorer window freezes.
I tried to uninstall Explorer 7 and go back to the old one but got a message that 3 programmes I have installed since might not work correctly if I do this.

Jackcoms 16:32 29 Nov 06

Is this "dial up box" for an old dial-up connection?

If so, delete it.

Technotiger 16:43 29 Nov 06

Hi, lots of problems have cropped up with IE7.

You can uninstall it in Control Panel>Add/Remove
this will automatically put you back to IE6.

Pamy 16:49 29 Nov 06

rita90, I had the same message about some of my programs that may not work correctly but, I just ignored it and clicked to carry on. I did not have any problems with any existing programs thankfully

beynac 17:04 29 Nov 06

Open IE7 and click on the Tools menu and select Internet Options. Click on the Connections tab and then click on the radio button by 'Never dial a connection'. Click 'OK'

rita90 17:16 30 Nov 06

Thanks a lot. What would I do without you?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…