Internet Explorer 6.0 Repeated Problems

Durko 14:19 02 Oct 04

I'm running Windows XP Home Edition with Internet Explorer 6.0. Of late, explorer has begun to repeatedely reveal one of their sorry for the inconvenience notices associated with error messages asking if you want to send error report or don't send. The error message is never the same always different.I'ts annoying now as when I don't send it exits the internet and back to desktop status.

I thought PDF adobe reader was conflicting with IE as it seemed to only occur when I was accessing reader. Installed the 6.02 update and the problem still occurs. Aware that it's possible to access the Internet Explorer repair tool kit in win xp but only with the original xp disk at hand, I'm stuck as I don't have the xp cd.

I'm on NTL Broadband and the engineer configured all settings etc. Is it possible to delete ie and reinstall from microsoft site without affecting original configurations etc?

If you could advise best course of action I'd be very grateful.

Andsome 14:27 02 Oct 04

Don't even try to delete IE, it is part of the operating system. Other than that I cannot offer any advice if you do not have your original XP CD. Have you downloaded SP2 and burned it to a CD? I may be wrong but I have been led to believe that one SP2 is installed, the SP2 disc can be used for sfc /scannow.

SEASHANTY 14:55 02 Oct 04

You aren't forced to use IE. Download and install one of the other browsers which many people on this forum have done. Here is one recent link
click here

GaT7 15:11 02 Oct 04

There are ways to repair/reinstall IE without the XP disc - click here. Also, instead of updating the Adobe Reader, try uninstalling/reinstalling it which usually does the trick (most PC mag discs have the Reader). Good luck, G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…