Internet Explorer 6 and windows sizes

Gordon33 17:35 14 Jan 04

For no apparent reason just recently while using IE6 the pages have been opening about 1/4 size instead of the way they normally open in full size. I have tried a couple of the things mentioned already like making the window full size and closing it but it doesn't seem to work. I don't know why it suddenly started to do this but any ideas how to get it back to how it was before.

LeadingMNMs 17:46 14 Jan 04

Same here. Recently when opening IE it only fills the top halve of the screen, I have done nothing and have made sure that shortcuts are made to open the window maximised.

Pesala 17:51 14 Jan 04

All you have to do is resize the windows to full size of the screen (not maximize it, but resize it). Then close IE and restart it. The window size you used last time should be remembered.

Gordon33 16:45 15 Jan 04

\Sorry Pesala your solution doesn't work. I've also tried several permastations to no avail. Well it only means an extra click but it is annoying that it suddenly changed. Perhaps it is the installation of Pop This to stop pop-ups which did it. Thanks for your try.

March Hare 17:39 15 Jan 04

Try dragging the window to fill the screen, then hold down Ctrl while clicking the X to close the window. Works for me!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…