Internet explorer 6 V Opera

concretepigsy 08:41 14 Feb 04

My IE 6 browser takes an age to download pages but opera is virtually instantaneous.

I use telewest 1 meg service

is there anything i can do to speed up IE 6 ??

thanks

Chris

Kitz E Kat 09:12 14 Feb 04

I am not being smart, but why bother?
IE is so full of holes , and exploits are being created by the day , you should never use it...
Stick with Opera, i use Mozilla Firebird , and find it pretty quick and its a lot safer to use....

Pesala 09:13 14 Feb 04

Depending on the page, downloading should be pretty much instantaneous on 1 Mbyte broadband. The browser makes little or no difference to the download speed. However, it sounds like Opera is loading the page from a cache on your hard disk, while Internet Explorer is reloading the page from the net. I have yet to find a way to speed up Internet Explorer.

Post a link to the site that seems to be slow with IE so that others can test if there is a particular problem with that website.

concretepigsy 09:29 14 Feb 04

thanks for the input guys i will ty mozilla kitz

as i downloaded it opera downloaded at 80kbps and IE 6 at 50kbps.

hmmm

chris

Kitz E Kat 12:35 14 Feb 04

That is a bit of a difference...
Try Firebird and let's know what speed you get from that , i would be interested to know ...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…