Internet Explorer 6 - Shutting down

5starred 14:01 30 Jan 07

Having a big problem with Internet Explorer 6. As soon as I click on the Internet Explorer my home page opens up but a message comes up before the page fully opens saying its encountered a problem and has to close. I am now using my partners ID on the same laptop and it works fine as I am able to make this post. Anyone any ideas what I can try, its doing my head in.

recap 14:12 30 Jan 07

click here it may be relevant?

5starred 14:14 30 Jan 07

Thanks will have a look.

5starred 15:50 30 Jan 07

recap

Tried the following as suggested by Microsoft

To resolve this problem in Internet Explorer, follow these steps: 1. Quit all programs that are running.
2. Click Start, and then click Run.
3. Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
4. When you receive the "DllRegisterServer in urlmon.dll succeeded" message, click OK.
If this does not resolve the problem, repeat steps 2 through 4 for each of the following files (in step 3, replace Urlmon.dll with each of the file names below): • Shdocvw.dll
• Actxprxy.dll
• Oleaut32.dll
• Mshtml.dll
• Browseui.dll
• Shell32.dll

When I get to Mshtml.dll the following error message appeared:

RegSvr32
LoadLibrary ("Mshtm.dll") failed. The specified module could not be found.

Any ideas how this can be solved?
Also why would it be only effecting me and not my partner?

brundle 15:53 30 Jan 07

Are you sure you typed `Mshtml.dll` correctly (at the command prompt and/or your forum post), your error message says `Mshtm.dll`...missing an `l`.

5starred 16:12 30 Jan 07

sorry brundle you are right typed the wrong think in. Followed the above and still no joy.

The error message in IE 6 says Kernel32.dll any idea how to fix that?

Gongoozler 16:16 30 Jan 07

This could well be a faulty memory problem. Try reseating the memory modules, or if you have more than one stick of memory, try with just each one in turn.

5starred 16:21 30 Jan 07

why would it work on my partners id though?

Gongoozler 16:31 30 Jan 07

Sorry, I didn't read the question properly. Doh.
Kernel32.dll errors are strange things, and the fault is frequently not directly connected with that file itself. I have previously come across a situation where an inexplicable internet crash was caused by faulty memory, presumably the downloaded data used a memory address that is rarely otherwise accessed.

If you type into Google Internet explorer KERNEL32.DLL, you will find so many hits that it would be pointless for me to list any here, so it could be helpful for you to see if any are relevant to your problem

5starred 16:38 30 Jan 07

will have a look like you said there is loads but I will sift through it all and see if I can make head nor tail of it. Thanks.

5starred 17:34 30 Jan 07

can't really see nothing that solves the problem tried debugging scripts but still no joy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now