Internet Explorer 6 problems

Monksie 22:57 22 May 04

Posted: Sat May 22, 2004 9:30 pm Post subject: Internet Explorer 6 problems

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been unable to print from IE 6 or my AOL browser for the last week, either by using the Print icon in the toolbar or printing via File - Print... from the menu bar.
Also, certain links from Web pages (such as those posted on this very forum!) don't work!

I fully formatted and re-installed Windows XP Home Edition this afternoon, with all of my programs including my Lexmark X1150 (all-in one device) and P707 photo-printer. The problems are still there!

Any ideas?

VoG II 23:02 22 May 04

Is this copied from another forum?

For the links problem:

http:// support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

Copy this, paste into address bar, remove the space after // and click Go.

Follow the instructions.

Monksie 23:51 22 May 04

Cheers Vog, I got the following error message when I rann actxprxy.dll:

LoadLibrary("actxprxy.dll") failed - The Specified module could not be found.

After trying the runs that the Knowledge Base artile recommended, it says to look for three registry keys under HLKM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface .
I looked for these under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then the Classes subfolder. There's no Interface subfolder!!

The final recommendation is to reinstall IE6. it's too late forthat tonight, so I'll have a stab at it tomorrow (must check through my cover discs for a copy).

Thanks once again, hopefully I can resolve the situaton soon (and resumer online banking, shopping and checking those nice links everyobody posts! :O) )

Monksie 19:01 25 May 04

Thought I'd post again to confirm the problem has been solved as you never know, there could be someone else out there struggling in a similar predicament. Here's how I (eventually!) resolved the problem:

Many thanks Lazarus. I gave the PC the night off last night and have only just logged on. The Norton fault is now rectified after copig the file but the printer/links issue survives.

Beginning to wonder whether Norton is the source of my IE6 problems...

(18:37 pm)

Da-DAAA!!! Sorted out and solved, amazingly enough by my own fair hand...

Suspected WinXP's Internet Connection Firewall may be the culprit, so went to Help and Support.

Searched "Internet Connection Firewall" and chose "Enable or disable Internet Connection Firewall " from the "Pick A Task" menu.

Opened the Network Connections as directed by the instructions and noticed I have a BT Voyager 100 ADSL Modem Connection, which was disconnected.

Double-clicked it to connect, then disconnected it.

Started AOL and did a quick print from my homepage. Went to on of my non-computing forums and tried one of the links which I couldn't previously access, and voila!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…