Internet Explorer 6 launching at start

Ropsey 13:25 09 Mar 03

I am running win 2000 and just lately IE self launches at boot up along with a directory requesting I use a dialup. I am a adsl user and find this more than a nuisance although I can cancel it

VestanPance 13:28 09 Mar 03

Can't you just find the .exe or .bat file or whatever is calling the routine and delete it?

AndyJ 13:33 09 Mar 03

Have you had a look in Programs / Startup to see if the IE icon is in there. If it is - delete it.

Djohn 13:44 09 Mar 03

I think if you right click on IE, select properties, and the connection tab, then click on, (Never dial a connection), this will cure it. J.

AndyJ 13:55 09 Mar 03

"Thanks for your reply, no such icon in prog startup"

Ropsey...it's better to place replies in the forum, so other users can see the progress.

Ropsey 14:24 09 Mar 03

Thanks for replies so far. Problem still exists
Ropsey

Djohn 16:52 09 Mar 03

Ropsey, I'm not familiar with win2000, but when AndyJ suggest look in startup, I don't think he means from the start button/programs/startup.

The startup you need is the one that you access from msconfig,(In win98), not sure if it's the same with 2000.

If you know how to get into your startup menu, then this is where to do it from, if not, post back on this thread, and someone who has, or knows win2000 will explain how and what to do. J.

AndySD 17:44 09 Mar 03

No msconfig in 2000

click here download the Power Tools and use the startup page and untick IE6

Ropsey 19:47 09 Mar 03

Thanks to all of you Power tools did the deed once I had worked out how to use it. Ropsey

Jonah1000 21:40 26 Apr 04

i know its along time since this thread, but i have re booted my pc, tried to install ie 6 but it keeps launching at start up, can you tell where to find the powertools the link here no longer works, by the way i'm a novice, so don't talk about .exe files..thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…