Internet Explorer 6 Freezing

setanta23 18:21 22 May 03

This one is doing my head in. I run XP Home in which i have kept up with all the updates.

But when i am on line now - 3 times today at least - my system freezes.

I was using Yahoo Messenger at the same time but am not sure that there is a connection.

The system simply freezes on me and the cursor is stuck where ever and the only way out is to switch off at the mains and start again and hope until the next time.

Anyone got any ideas please as it is driving me mad

Lú-tzé 18:00 25 May 03

1 - clear cache of temp internet files, cookies, "downloaded program files" and so on - then reboot.

2 - try a repair of IE from the control panel / add remove programs applet

3 - try system file checker: go to start_run and type in sfc /scannow and see how it goes.

Just some thoughts...

setanta23 09:12 26 May 03

system tells me that some of the essential files needed to run windows have been changed with unrecognised files

problem is the discs i have with this laptop are used to restore only and each time i insert a disc the system starts to restore back to factory lay out

any ideas on how i get round this

setanta23 23:48 26 May 03

Had to reformat and bring back to factory status as i could not figure out how to fix the files in windows using the discs i had

thank u for ur help the information will be very useful

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…