Internet Explorer 6 Downloads

meater 12:31 05 Mar 03

Can anybody help me with Internet Explorer6, which I want to download to a folder on the Hard Drive or onto a CD drive.
The reason I want to do this is, because the other Computer I want to put it on, is not on the Internet.
I have looked at various Web sites including Microsoft, but I am not sure if I can Save to Disk on the Microsoft Download? Also, can you tell which is a reliablem Web Site to Download from. I want it for Windows 98 SE. I keep seeing this SP1 which I think is for Windows XP. I would be most grateful for any help.

Meater

Pesala 12:50 05 Mar 03

click here

I don't know whether this is the latest version, but it should be fine for Windows 98.

Pesala 12:55 05 Mar 03

That download link doesn't work, sorry.

timber 12:58 05 Mar 03

if you purchase the magazine you will find Internet explorer 6.0 on cd you get with mag.

timber

Pesala 12:59 05 Mar 03

That download link doesn't work, sorry.

This one does, but it doesn't solve your problem as it still requires connection to the Internet.

click here

I will look for a copy on a Magazine cover disk.

Stuartli 14:15 05 Mar 03

meater wants to download it so he/she can then transfer it to another computer....

Probably best to download it to a temporary folder or the Desktop and then burn it onto a CD-R.
Downloading from the IE home page click here
means you will get the latest version and save having to download patches etc after using possibly out of date cover disk versions.

meater 14:52 05 Mar 03

Pesala,
Thanks for the information but it still does not appear to save the complete file to a folder on the Hard drive. It saves a setup file which is Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 Service pack1. It is only 479KB file. It is ie6setup.exe short cut only, I started that off but it did not give me the option of saving to Disk, so I did not go any further as I have already got IE 6 on this PC.
Have you got any other suggestions

Pesala 15:08 05 Mar 03

Have a look at some PC Magazines. It regularly appears on Magazine cover disks. PC Plus would be a good place to look first.

The most recent copy I can find is dated April 2002. That includes a setup file and 70 Mbytes of CAB files. I don't know why it so huge, but it does include Outlook Express.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…