Internet Explorer 6 Browser won't pop up on Win Me

Tinkey Winkey 12:17 25 Aug 03

From time to time when I try to open an IE 6 browser window ,it appears down on my task bar but not on screen ?Efforts to 'maximise' it does nothing.I can be online looking at various sites (like know ),and suddenly I'll try and open another browser window or click on a link and it'll only appear on the taskbar- I can't view it !What the F*** is going on? .I have to use Go Back to sort the problem(pain in the arse).How can I resolve this ?

Tinkey Winkey 12:42 25 Aug 03

I have just rebooted and find that IE6 is opening on screen again.This is the first time a reboot has solved the problem though.Strange or what ?

Tinkey Winkey 21:28 28 Aug 03

Reposting....here's hoping !

flecc 21:58 28 Aug 03

IE sometimes suffers a window position problem which causes it to appear either partly or wholly off the screen. The position is controlled by two registry files which can get corrupted but fortunately Windows replaces them with fresh uncorrupted copies once the corrupted ones are deleted.

If it happens again, return to this thread and mail me using the envelope icon by my name to alert me and I'll post this fix which will cure it if that is indeed your problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…