Internet Explorer 6

compound 09:40 11 Nov 04

Help, A search engine has monopolised by home address in IE6. I have changed the entry in Internet Options and in the registry to my preferred home, but it always reverts to the unwanted one. What else can I do ?

Jackcoms 09:42 11 Nov 04

Download, install, update and run click here
click here
click here
click here

rawprawn 09:56 11 Nov 04

When following Jackcoms advice turn your system restore off before scanning to be on the safe side, these nasties can hide in there.

compound 13:31 11 Nov 04

i have tried the suggestions and have run spybot & a2. No Joy.
The startpage remains on "xysearch.biz" no matter what I try. Any further suggestions?

Jackcoms 13:38 11 Nov 04

As previously suggested, try click here

Try also click here
and post the log back to this page (you may have to do it in several posts if it's a big one). There are experts here who will be able to explain it to you

Jackcoms 13:39 11 Nov 04

Sorry, that second link is for Hijack This

hillybilly 13:44 11 Nov 04

If you post a H/this log on this site, the experts would prefer you to double space the lines for them, so as to to make it easier to read!

hillybilly 13:54 11 Nov 04

Another thought, I would post the log into a new post with a different title to this one. You need to attract the attention of VOG and nellie2 to study your log!

VCR97 20:30 11 Nov 04

When you have got rid of the scumware install StartPageGuard. click here

rawprawn 08:27 12 Nov 04

Download and run the 30 day click here of Spy Sweeper Again turn off system restore before scanning. This one worked for me when I got one I couldn't shift.

compound 12:32 12 Nov 04

Thanks for your help - "SpySweeper" cured the problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…