Internet Explorer 5.5 upgrade to 6

chalkie 22:23 06 Jun 03

Help required please. How do you upgrade to IE6 from 5.5 without the loss of all settings and favorites etc. and will the upgrade also change Outlook Express settings. The answer is probably easy to some of you but not to this Silver surfer.

Valvegrid 22:33 06 Jun 03

You should be able to upgrade OK and retain all your favorites and settings. You can save your favorites by going to File>Import/Export and follow the Wizard, you can then save your Favorites in a file somewhere so you can re-import them if disaster strikes.

Paul.

The Spires 22:35 06 Jun 03

You can download it from click here however if your on dial up you might be better to install it off a PC magazine cover Cd. Upgrading should't affect your favourites or email setting athough backing up first is a good idea. If you want I can post you a recent cover Cd with IE6 on just mail me.

Bagsey 22:37 06 Jun 03

You should not lose your settings when upgrading. To get your upgrade and read all about it goto click here

Cheers
Arthur.

chalkie 22:44 06 Jun 03

Thanks to those of you good enough to reply. I will give it a shot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…