Internet Explorer 5.5 Freezing and message

jan2242 22:45 01 Jan 04

I use win95 and for the past few weeks when trying to use IE, it will either freeze when trying to go to a new page, or I will get the 'illegal error" message quoting user.exe fault. This often happens when trying to goin to my toolbar to save a page, or send it.
I have tried repairing IE, no luck. Do I re download IE? Would that help. It is so annoying. Taken me many tries to just do this message.

lotvic 23:06 01 Jan 04

Get a copy on CD from a magazine cover and install it on top of your existing IE
no need to go on the net

jan2242 23:13 01 Jan 04

I don't have any cd's, so should I try and find IW on the net and reinstall????

VoG II 23:43 01 Jan 04

The version of IE that you will find on cover disks will be IE6. I don't think that this will work with Windows 95. Hopefully someone can point you in the direction of a site to download an earlier version.

Did you try repairing as per click here

woodchip 23:55 01 Jan 04

Before you start adding to your trouble I would suggest you check the control panel Add Remove software. Look for Microsoft Internet Explorer and double click on it then choose repair

jan2242 00:21 02 Jan 04

I ahve repaired IE through the control panel so many times, I have lost count. Is there nothing else that might work?

jan2242 00:22 02 Jan 04

I have repaired IE thorugh the control panel more times than I can count. Any other ideas?

woodchip 10:42 02 Jan 04

Yes use Netscape 7 that's one of the reasons I changed to Netscape

Jester2K 10:45 02 Jan 04

Download AdAware click here and SpyBot click here to scan for Adware which can cause this problem.

Update and then scan.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…