Internet Explorer

Jadee 23:52 PM 04 Mar 11

I wonder if anybody knows what wrong with my laptop It is always coming up with the message Internet Explorer as stopped working and needs to close so I click OK but it doesn't close it just carries on but it is always coming up some times when I am not using Internet Explorer I wondered if I had a bug but I have scanned it and no virus reported I am running Windows 7

Dragon_Heart 01:46 AM 05 Mar 11

Our son's Windows 7 laptop did the same, have you downloaded Windows Service Pack 1 ?

dororof 11:53 AM 05 Mar 11

Appears to be a common problem.
click here

could try this,you may have a program conflict.

click here

birdface 08:13 AM 06 Mar 11

Go to command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns and press enter on your keyboard.
it should tell you dns cache has been flushed if so reboot and see if it makes any difference.
Or give this fix it a try.

click here

Terry Brown 11:20 AM 06 Mar 11

It may have developed a software fault.
Go to the Microsoft site and download the version of internet Explorer you want: Note Explorer 9 is not suitable for XP, and save to your desktop

Go to the Control Panel, Add/Remove
Select Windows componenents (left side)
Remove 'Click' on Internet Explorer
Re-boot machine

Run the version of Explorer you downloaded, and your problem should be cured.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11