Internet Explorer

nick_b_87 22:23 03 Jan 11

Hi, I am experiencing a small problem with my PC. The problem started when trying to load itunes and I received the error message that files were missing. After consulting apples tech support I was advised to uninstall Quicktime (which was downloaded with itunes) and download and install an independent version of quicktime, which was meant to fix the problem.

Upon attempting to download Quicktime however I am politely informed by Vista that Internet Explorer has stopped working and that windows can check online for a solution, which in my experience is never of any relevance to the problem!

Here's the problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 8.0.6001.18999
Application Timestamp: 4ccf92fb
Fault Module Name: RapportUtil.dll
Fault Module Version: 3.5.1005.71
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ca8f33f
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00128cb2
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
Locale ID: 2057

If it's any help here's my system info aswell:

Windows Vista Home Basic
32 Bit OS, Service Pack 2
AMD Athlon II x2 240 Processor 2.81 GHz
nVidia Geforce 7025/nForce 630a
Direct x v.10.0

Any help will be appreciated guys.

Many Thanks

nick_b_87 22:26 03 Jan 11

P.S. I have done virus scans using the latest Avira AntiVir and the latest Malwares Anti-Malware both in and out of safe mode and they both came back with nothing.

bremner 22:28 03 Jan 11

Use System Restore to return the machine to its state before you installed iTunes.

nick_b_87 22:33 03 Jan 11

I have looked at system restore, the last available restore point is a checkpoint on the 03/12/10. It doesn't seem as if I can go back any further, I installed itunes a long time ago and it has always worked fine. Is there any way of checking the date that itunes last updated?

Quite often browser crashes are caused by add-ons, so it would be worthwhile checking them by going to tools (press alt on your keyboard to make this appear), manage add-ons and disabling them to see if it makes a difference (especially if there are any Apple ones there).

If this is the only time Internet Explorer crashes then a workaround (but not a solution) would be to download a different internet browser, such as Firefox or Google Chrome, and temporarily use that to download the independent Quicktime file.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac