internet explorer

ponytail 15:46 01 Dec 10

I clicked on something while I was in internet explorer and now get te following messages.
Website Restore Error
This flashes on and off
This tab has been recovered
Aproblem with this webpage caused internet explorer to close and reopen the tab.

Then this appears
We were unable to return to the page you were viewing
Anyone have any ideas have sent this on my wifes laptop I have internet explorer 8
Is it possible to9 uninstall it

lotvic 16:39 01 Dec 10

It sounds like a problem with the webpage and not your pc.

Just close Internet Explorer and any other open programs, then shut pc down and reboot.

ponytail 16:48 01 Dec 10

Hi lotvic It happens with any web site I ntry to log into.When I click onto any web site the site comes up but then closes down and I get the messages mentioned in my posting.Just trying a system restore to see if that cures it will let you know what happens but never had much luck with system restarts in the paST

ponytail 17:01 01 Dec 10

No luck with system restore but have been told it is probable a high jack whatever that is been told the system keeps closing down to protect itself but not sure what the cure is

northumbria61 17:30 01 Dec 10

I would first try running "Malwarebytes" and "SuperAntispyware" - both FREE

click here;contentAux

click here

northumbria61 17:32 01 Dec 10

Try switching to Firefox to see if you get the same error.

northumbria61 17:33 01 Dec 10

Disable ALL add-ons

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…