Internet explorer

Guardsman2 15:26 14 Mar 09

My friend and I are both 'Silver Surfers'...very much so. We try to help each other as far as we can but he has a problem that neither of us can solve...help will be appreciated.

Basically, he has lost the 'Address Bar' in Internet explorer and cannot input any www type addresses...Everything else on the net and Tiscali works fine. He has Tiscali Broadband, Windows XP...Our best guess is to pop over to Microsoft and to either delete his existing IE or to try to repair it. Our fear is that either may affect his Tiscali connection and that it may have to be reloaded and neither of us feels confident enough to do this. As I say...help would be appreciated. Mike

VoG II 15:28 14 Mar 09

Try this click here

muddypaws 20:54 14 Mar 09

This might answer your question:
click here

muddypaws 20:59 14 Mar 09

Or any of these links.click here

rdave13 21:00 14 Mar 09

Or..if you use IE7 then click on tools-- internet options--advanced tab and click on reset tab. this restores IE7 to original settings. Just follow instructions and information.

Guardsman2 15:40 23 Mar 09

My thanks to VoG, muddypaws and rdave13 who have provided much useful advise. I will be seeing my friend this Thurs. and am sure that the remedy will be in the replies. Guardsman2

iscanut 15:48 23 Mar 09

Have you just tried to click on View, then Toolbars and ensure they are ticked accordingly ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5