Internet Explorer

BladeII 15:01 11 Oct 07

I have two browsers on my pc: Firefox and Internet Explorer. For some reason IE has stopped working. I still get internet access via Firefox, but IE has given up on me.

This means my Windows Messenger won't work. I also just downloaded a game, and I have to register to use it, but it tries to connect to the internet via IE.

I have a theory and that is that IE is trying to connect to the web via a dial-up connection, but I have broadband - which Firefox is using. How do I make IE use the broadband connection?

driver19 15:44 11 Oct 07

Hi, I do not know the answer !!
I am having a simular problem, IE7 will not connect to the net, I use AOL9, but some sites such as Google maps and Earth, use IE7 ,
I would be interest if any one comes up with a solution to yours (and may be my) problem.
It is not a Firewall related thing (IE7is a permitted site), I am now scatching my hair out, (not much left though, hair that is)
Michael

Cuddles 15:48 11 Oct 07

Have you set internet explorer as default? and have you deleted the dial up connection?

BladeII 17:35 11 Oct 07

cuddles... could you run me through that. How do I set IE to default, and delete the dial up?

johnnyrocker 17:39 11 Oct 07

go to control panel/network connections and delete dial up or go to tools/internet options/connections put a dot/tick in never dial a connection

johnny.

BladeII 18:07 11 Oct 07

johnnyrocker... just tried that and no luck.

johnnyrocker 18:11 11 Oct 07

then it would not appear to be a dial up issue

johnny.

johnnyrocker 18:13 11 Oct 07

do you still have a network connection in IE?

johnny

mfletch 18:17 11 Oct 07

Hi Have you thought you may have a Virus/Trojan?

Have you done any scans,

Try SAS Superantispyware FREE click here

Also have you tried reinstalling IE7 {XP}

click here

mfletch

birdface 18:26 11 Oct 07

Try.Internet Options.Advanced,Reset.Apply.Ok.Now you will lose all your add-ons etc but you can download them again.Worth a try if nothing else works.

mfletch 18:30 11 Oct 07

You also could run this download WinSock XP Fix

click here

mfletch

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…