Internet Explorer

jessej 14:06 12 Jun 06

I appear to have a problem with I.E.
When I click on it it opens up for all of 3 seconds then goes off, nowhere near enough time to access the repair option.

XP Home with SP2.

Any help very much appreciated.

VoG II 14:08 12 Jun 06
  jessej 21:32 13 Jun 06

Thank you VoG. Toolbar Cop done the trick and I found the offending BHO. I.E. now working again.
Sorry for the delay in replying but I have rather more problems than I.E. Finally cured them by restoring my last back up when all else failed. To be honest, I, along witg a lot of other people no doubt, never used to bother with back ups, thought it was a waste of time and Hard Drive space. After what I've been through these last few days, no more, I'm only glad I started doing it, it has saved me doing what was beginning to look like a reformat job.
Thanks again for your help.

woodchip 22:20 13 Jun 06

Stopped using IE a Long time ago, As I had nothing but repairs all the Time. Went back to my old browser. Netscape 7.2 It Just Keeps Going

jessej 14:46 14 Jun 06

I also use Firefox, which was not affected. The only reason I still use I.E. is to access a particular site which does not recognise the AOL browser.

woodchip 14:49 14 Jun 06

Only thing I use IE for is Updates on My XP comps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…