Internet Explorer

Emmodd 20:08 21 Mar 06

I.E. has been working fine all evening. Suddenly, it's decided to come up with the "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem..." box, giving me the opinion to debug or close. Clicking them gives the same result - the same message when I next open IE. I've no idea how to sort this out. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

VoG II 20:22 21 Mar 06

Repair click here

Emmodd 20:36 21 Mar 06

i'm running xp and it asks me to use the disc - i don't have one. The computer came with XP installed.

VoG II 20:37 21 Mar 06

Try this instead then click here

VoG II 20:41 21 Mar 06

Or Start, Run, enter

rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 %windir%\inf\ie.inf

and click OK.

Emmodd 21:21 21 Mar 06

it tells me I need the 'IEXPLORE.EXE' on Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 CD

VoG II 21:25 21 Mar 06

This is one of the reasons that I would *never* buy a 'puter that did not come with a Windows CD.

Try click here

Emmodd 21:25 21 Mar 06

...and now bitlord is doing exactly the same thing!!!

VoG II 21:33 21 Mar 06

What is bitlord, pardon my ignorance.

Emmodd 22:18 21 Mar 06

it's a torrent client.

Managed to sort the problem. Just chanced it by pressing F8 from bootup and slecting start at last known good point. Seems to have done the trick.

Smudge 00:10 22 Mar 06

Glad it isn't just me then-and I think I know why. Everything was working last night just before I shut down.....but I had just installed 4 of Microsofts latest patches. So I turn on a while ago and start getting this IE error when I went into my favorites.

I rolled back via system restore to previous day and hey presto-all OK.

Thanks Microsoft for messings things up!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…