internet explorer

kench 17:39 31 Jan 06

Is there a way to make my broadband connection start up when i click on the internet explorer shortcut on my desktop instead of having to click my broadband shortcut then on I.E.?
Also just installed 2nd hard drive as slave, is there any way to make it appear on the dropdown list,i.e send to etc.

ade.h 17:46 31 Jan 06

Yes, there is. Go into Internet Options from either IE or the Control Panel. Seelct the Connections tab, and select Always Dial My Default Connection.

It will now dial when the browser is launched.

ade.h 17:51 31 Jan 06

Option 2 is to drag the desktop shortcut into the Startup folder in the All Programs list (Start Menu).

Then it will dial when you log in to your User Account.

This is actually better for two reasons; 1) it gives the connection a head start so that it's always ready as soon as you need it, as it can sometimes be less than instant if the ISP is a bit busy. 2) It's very easy to undo. The other setting can - as I once found - be very pernicious if you decide to change it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…