Internet Explorer???

GuZ><0r 19:45 14 Nov 05

When I closed down an internet explorer an message came up saying something was wrong with memory. I can't remeber what it said, but when I restarted my computer theings in the toolbar that used to come up didn't such as sygate. What could the problewm be.

woodchip 19:53 14 Nov 05

May be a Virus as it can turn of your ANTI-VIRUS just as it as done

GaT7 19:54 14 Nov 05

Could be a virus, spyware, malware or some software corruption. You do have upto-date AV & spyware scanners, don't you?

What's in your startup? To access, Start>Run, type msconfig in the box & press OK. Click on the Startup tab to see what is starting up when Windows boots. Sygate, among others, should be there.

For a start, try online antivirus & malware scans & removal at click here & click here. G

GuZ><0r 20:29 14 Nov 05

I do have anti-virus and I have scanned but found nothing.

GaT7 20:33 14 Nov 05

What's in your Startup? See my previous post.

Have you tried an antispyware scan? 2nd link in my previous post.

You could also try a sfc /scannow click here. G

ACOLYTE 20:35 14 Nov 05

I have had this,i found out it was a Java add-on that IE was using that was the trouble,i updated it and it never happened again.Click the tools meun then manage add-ons,then in the drop down box select add-ons that have been used by IE,look through the list and see if there is somthing you dont recognise,you may even be able to get updates for some of them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…