Internet Explorer

bruno 20:06 24 Sep 05

For the last few hours I have been unable to use I/E.It half loads and then just sits there with the hour glass showing and does not finish.I normally use Opera,so I can still function,but wondered if I was the only one having this problem.

VoG II 20:07 24 Sep 05

Try a repair click here

bruno 20:48 24 Sep 05

I have just tried that but it did not work,I'm afraid.

woodchip 20:55 24 Sep 05

Have you tried Restore to old date

rdave13 21:23 24 Sep 05

Just had the same problem with my wife's "account"

Have three users accounts in windows. Me ,my son and her indoors.

Could use IE on my "account" and my sons' but not on my wifes'.

Checked ALL settings so that they were the same but still she could not use IE.

Decided to delete her user account through control pannel and set up a new account with a slight variation on the name.

Now the problem is fixed. Not happy 'cause I could'nt figure out the problem.

rdave13 21:24 24 Sep 05

IE said that it could not find the server.

bruno 21:34 24 Sep 05

I can't even get that far,Rdave13,The page opens and there is no bar going across the bottom to indicate progress.I cannot access tools at all.I think there is a problem on Outlook Express as well as a Hotmail message will not open pictures,leaving me with the little white window and red box that is usually got rid of with the pop up blocker bar,not now ,though.It opens fine when I access it through Opera.I am a single user,administrator.
I will try restore and see what that does.

s99Raj 21:35 24 Sep 05

Can you get a copy on a CD (off a computer magazine, say, or a Tiscali or BT or Tesco CD)?

Try loading it off that.

woodchip 21:37 24 Sep 05

Go to control Panel Internet Options

bruno 22:02 24 Sep 05

I followed Woodchips advice and restored to 5 days ago and the problem has vanished.I then went back to the present day and the fault is back.I uninstalled a program I put in today but it is still there.I will now rack my brains to think what else I have done.The main thing that comes to mind is I updated Opera from 8.0 to 8.5.Will keep in touch.

bruno 22:31 24 Sep 05

Well,I just restored it back to Thursday and the fault has gone.The only explanation I can think of is that I babysit on that day and my grandchildren were using the computer.Although they are all computer literate they must have gone on a kids site with something on it.I have definately not put anything on since then that except the one prog I took off.I keep an eye on them as to what sites they use,but who knows what nasties there are on their sites.I may do another restore to todays time and scan everything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…