Internet Explorer

BOOMSONG 20:46 04 Sep 05

When I click on internet explorer icon on my desktop, I cannot get connected up to the internet and have to go through other means.Please help!

mattyc_92 20:50 04 Sep 05

Open IE and select "Tools->Internet Options->Connections" and click onto your modem in the list and select "Set as default". Now select "Always dial" option

Diodorus Siculus 20:50 04 Sep 05

Are you on dial up or broadband?

BOOMSONG 21:05 04 Sep 05

Thanks Mattyc, I have done what you suggested but It still doesn't work.Clicking onto the Internet Explorer icon only works when I am connected to the Internet.I am a broadband user.

mattyc_92 21:07 04 Sep 05

Disconnect.... Then open up IE and you should notice a "dial" dialog asking for your username and password

BOOMSONG 21:26 04 Sep 05

Again Matty, I have done what you suggested but all I get is a blank screen with the toolbar showing my home page details.I have recently bought my computer and use to log on via Internet Explorer,but of late it is not working.This is not a real problem as I can log on another way. It is frustrating though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…