Internet Explorer

Zordana 11:42 05 Jan 05

For two weeks now my IE has gone walkabout. I have tried to get it back and succeeded last week but it's gone again. AOL were supposed to have given me the correct instructions yesterday but it still won't work. My XP disc is damaged so i said i'd buy a new one but he said if it was only IE that was the problem i wouldn't need to.
I reinstalled AOL and also replaced the MSIE file but still it is the same. I cannot get downloads for my anti vitus or PC BugDoctor. I wonder if spyware etc has altered my settings but i wouldn't know what they are supposed to be to check. I've run virus checks but it says there aren't any?
For easy updates i get
Merge CFG
HelperDLL Cannot connect. You may wish to manually connect to the Internet before running Easyupdate. AOL promised i could get onto the Internet to download IE and replace it but i can't. :*(

JaßîsFaß ˜ 18:00 05 Jan 05

Can you still locate iexplore.exe file in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer?

If so right click on it > Send To > Desktop (create shortcut)

Zordana 19:12 05 Jan 05

Can you still locate iexplore.exe file in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer?
If so right click on it > Send To > Desktop (create shortcut)

Can you email instructions on how to do that please? I put it in start/search but it says no reaults to display. :*)

JaßîsFaß ˜ 12:45 12 Jan 05

Sounds like you have lost the iexplore.exe file, do you have a windows disc?

Confab 12:51 12 Jan 05

Try repairing IE click here

Confab 12:57 12 Jan 05

Or have a look here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…