internet explorer

pat2068 14:52 16 Jun 04

everytime i try to get webpages they are just shutting down my ie and putting me back to desktop it was this site yesterday now i'm having the same problem trying to get the DVLA website anyone help please leo

pat2068 18:00 16 Jun 04

please guys someone help me leo

VoG II 18:09 16 Jun 04

TRy a repair click here

pat2068 18:11 16 Jun 04

vog i do not have a xp disc itis oem version and it is partitioned on the H/D any other help leo

pat2068 18:25 16 Jun 04

pat2068 20:15 16 Jun 04

please someone help why is it when a website in'ent availiable it dosent say page not found it just closes ie and goes to desktop no error messages leo

GaT7 20:49 16 Jun 04

You have scanned for possible spyware & virus causing these problems with upto-date scanners, haven't you?

click here & try 'Method 2: Edit the Registry and Install Internet Explorer 6'. Careful while editing the registry - create a restore point &/or backup the registry (click here) just in case. [If you need IE6: most PC mag discs have it or you can d'load it from click here.]

Also, as a temporary workaround you could try an alternative browser like Firefox click here or Avant click here. HTH, G

GaT7 20:59 16 Jun 04

leo the lion, so what worked? Will be helpful for future reference. G

Fateful Shadow 20:59 16 Jun 04

You've ticked this post as 'resolved,' but you haven't said how. If you don't mind, could you tell us what you did to fix the problem? I haven't got this problem myself, but I think it may come in handy for anyone with the same (or nearly the same) problem.

GaT7 21:02 16 Jun 04

Fateful Shadow - Great minds think alike ; ) G

pat2068 18:40 17 Jun 04

i done what crossbow 7 told me to do i wrote another thread thank ing crossbow when this one was closed i actually closed the wrong thread leo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…