Internet Explorer

Tooley88 20:15 03 Jun 04

I have tried everything to stop the list of previously visited sites apearing when I click on the shearch title window. I am on XP, can anyone help.

Tooley

VoG II 20:33 03 Jun 04

Tools/Internet Options, Clear History should do it.

Tooley88 21:23 03 Jun 04

Thanks Vog, I have tried that several times but it does not make any difference, they are still there. Is ther a way of stopping them recording in the first place.

Tooley

VoG II 21:27 03 Jun 04

As far as I'm aware you cannot stop IE from "remembering" what you've typed in.

CleanUp! should do the trick click here

In fact, if it doesn't there is something wrong.

Tooley88 22:05 03 Jun 04

Thanks VoG, I have tried that a few times, it makes no difference, they are still there. Is there any way to stop them in the first place ?

Tooley

kenny1888 22:11 03 Jun 04

will cleanup clear my previously searched for sites on google as everything ive ever searched for is still noted (could be embarassing when kids are on pc.) thanks!

Tooley88 22:53 03 Jun 04

I have downloaded Clean Up and run it but all list is still there. Like Kenny 1888 I have Google as my home page, do you think I should remove Internet Explorer and re install it ?

Tooley

crx1600 22:58 03 Jun 04

IE\tools\internet options\content\auto complete\clear forms

and uncheck 'use auto complete for' web addresses & forms

GaT7 23:06 03 Jun 04

crx1600's solution will prevent it from storing this history in the future.

To clear what's there already - click here & scroll down to 50. 'Clear History of Typed URLs'. Backup your registry or create a Restore point before attempting. Read the Disclaimer on the site. Good luck, G

crx1600 23:10 03 Jun 04

VoG's earlier solution 'clear history' will clear typed URL's that appear in the address bar,

but google search box isn't the address bar, it's part of the page (form) same as PCA search box,

i don't think a reg fix is required.

GaT7 23:20 03 Jun 04

To clear Google history - click here.

crx1600 - you're right. I tried it & it worked this time, but not always for some strange reason! See Tooley88's 22:05 post - didn't work for him.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…