Internet Explorer

osben 09:22 04 May 04

After all the probs I have had with installing XP and getting rid of a virus, I now seem to have lost IE6. As I use AOL I don't often have a need to use it so I only really discovered this when I wanted to change the size of the text in IE. The icon has disapeared from my desktop and although the Internet Explorer folder is still on C: drive, there is very little there in the way of files. Certainly not the IE Icon.

If I start up Belarc Advisor it does in fact bring up IE screen so it would appear that it must still be on my computer!!

Could it be that IE has been disabled in some way or will I have to reinstall it. If so how do I go about it. I can remember the problems I had reinstalling IE when I used ME.

Regrads

holly polly 09:33 04 May 04

yry a repair -start settings -control panel -add/rem ove programs -scroll down ,find ie and click on add and remove ,brings up a window -choose repair -regards -hol pol....

osben 11:04 04 May 04

I thought of doing that but the only reference to IE in ad-remove is to an IE update. When I click on that it askes me if I want to delete it and revert back to the previous setting. Since this is a security update I feel I shouldn't get rid of it.

Any more thought on the prob.

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…