Internet Explorer

Hels 14:58 07 Sep 03

I have a new Notebook and when I click on the IE icon it doesn't open but a window for registering with Freeserve does.....please can anyone tell me how I can get rid of it??

Does anyone also know how I can connect my Notebook to my ntlworld broadband so I can download any updates.....I have a USB modem and USB on my Notebook but what software would I need?

Pesala 00:14 08 Sep 03

It is not something I have tried, but I guess all you have to do is run the NTL setup disk on your Notebook the same as you did on your desktop PC when you first got connected.

You will have to plug in the Silver Modem via the USB lead when the setup program tell you to, and it will install the USB modem driver on your notebook.

I should think that once the software is setup correctly on your notebook, you will be able to log in with either desktop or notbook PC whenever you wish.

If it is possible, there must be at least a few thousand people doing that.

Megatyte 00:27 08 Sep 03

You should find the Freeserve setup folder somewhere on your HDD. Bin it.

AH

Djohn 00:42 08 Sep 03

As Megatyte says, to get rid of the freeserve program, [It will not yet be connected] Go to control panel/add/remove programs, click on Freserve to highlight it, then choose remove. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…