Internet Explorer 10 not working

Furkin 12:29 21 Sep 13

Hi, I was about to ask if anyone knows if IE10 was down,,,, but looking at the other posts,,,, I think it unlikely.

I did a malwarebytes quick scan about 2 hours ago, & deleted 18 PUP files. I did a restart, but seem to have lost IE10.

My email stuff (via Thunderbird) is o.k, as is , so I'm guessing my gear is o.k.

I was using it until I did the scan. I'm not saying the scan did anything, but just to say that it was o.k. earlier.

It's unlikely that I deleted IE10 - or is it ?

Can I use Firefox to download IE10 ?

any advice appreciated.

Furkin 12:38 21 Sep 13

Asus M5A78L-M LX : Phenom IIx2 : 4gb ram : PSU: OCZ 500w : nVidia GT440 : HDD: Samsung 1tb + W.D 1tb : IE.10 : Win 7 ult (32)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obviously my gear is working, as I managed to put up my post on here, and access other posts.

Must be down to IE10 (or lack of) on my machine.

rdave13 12:39 21 Sep 13

If Win 7 is it not listed in all programs?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:45 21 Sep 13
  Furkin 13:21 21 Sep 13

Dave: Yep - it is listed. I also have a quick start on my task bar. They both go to the usually correct place, but I get a message saying 'the page can't be displayed'.

FBAT: Thanks - but read on;

ah,,,,, I think I have it.

Somehow, I have acquired HOLO Blocker !?!? I have no idea where it came from.

I have never heard of it - don't know what it is or what it's supposed to do - but apparently, it’s blocking quite a few programs, so I gotta get it gone.

I can't find the actual program to un install. It isn't under that name in C.P Progs & Features. I deleted the Short-Cut both on the Desktop & the Program list,,,, how do I get rid of this thing ?

spuds 13:35 21 Sep 13

You mention HOLO Blocker, and doing a Google search it would appear to be a programme for unblocking 'blocked' websites?. More mention about Google Chrome and Firefox than Internet Explorer.

Perhaps a (Holo Unblocker) search in Google, might bring up some ideas?.

Furkin 13:47 21 Sep 13

Thanks Spuds:

When trying to open IE10/Google, I don't see anything about Holo.

When I opened Firefox, I saw the logo in the corner,,,, otherwise I wouldn't have know what, why, where it was.

Its just gotta go. I have 40 mins before leaving for the hospital, so I'll have a dig around.

I don't know why it dosn't show up anywhere on my machine, so that I can just uninstall it.

cheers

Furkin 14:45 21 Sep 13

Now I know it isn't an actual IE10 problem, I'll start another thread.

I think the title of this one might be putting some readers off.

Look for "How do I UNinstall Hola Unblocker ?"

Thanks for everything so far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…