Internet exp 7 issue

Femme 20:24 28 Jan 07

When I go to a web page I get this
Do you want to allow the web page to access your clipboard?
If you allow the site can read what you have copied and pasted
If I disable my copy paste does not work.Its set a prompt
Thank you

Technotiger 20:31 28 Jan 07

Hi, unless I am missing something here - I don't know what the problem is, why not just 'allow' ?

Femme 20:46 28 Jan 07

I felt it was unsafe to allow am I mistaken about that?
Plus its annoying
thx

Technotiger 20:52 28 Jan 07

Does it happen on each and every page you go to? That would be annoying. or - if 'Allowed' does the message still appear?

My own is permanently allowed, but I don't ever get the question to allow or not. I use the 'copy/paste' quite often.

skidzy 20:54 28 Jan 07

Is this all web pages or a particular web page ?

I would suggest updating and run Spybot search and destroy and Avg antispy click here click here
click here and the update and install click here the latter will stop most spyware actually installing on your system (unless you give it permission of course)

Femme 21:00 28 Jan 07

It happens if Im trying to copy n paste a site in my msn group mostly
alink I should say
I ran all sorts of spyware its a setting in internet explorer ty

skidzy 21:01 28 Jan 07

Check your browser for security issues.click here

Technotiger 21:04 28 Jan 07

Just a thought, have you only recently started using IE7? and if so did you have this same problem in IE6. If necessary you can revert to IE6 simply by uninstalling IE7 in Control Panel Add and Remove - this would automatically revert you to IE6.

Femme 21:06 28 Jan 07

did not do this before
its a setting to do with scripting
ty

Technotiger 21:09 28 Jan 07

Then I would suggest that you revert to IE6 as per my previous response. Lots of people are having various problems after updating to IE7 - I did myself, so I reverted to IE6.

Femme 21:10 28 Jan 07

I appreciate you help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…