Internet Error

woodchip 12:34 20 Oct 04

The Error I get, is "Document Contains No Data" just when replying to a thread on hear when I press Reply but it’s posted the thread if I click the refresh button, on Laptop. Running XP Home on Dial-Up using Netscape 7.1 or pressing a link in bookmarks or where ever. But goes on second attempt.

Diodorus Siculus 12:37 20 Oct 04

Does it happen always? I get it on occasion with Mozilla - seems to be a "time out" problem when the site is very busy.

JonnyTub 12:49 20 Oct 04

For netscape:

Problem:
I am getting "Document contains no data" error.

Resolution:

This problem can result from Netscape cache becoming corrupted. Navigator stores, or caches, the files you accessed most recently, so that response time is better. Sometimes these stored files get corrupted.

To fix this problem, do the following:

For Navigator: Select OPTIONS|NETWORK PREFERENCES, press the "Clear Disk Cache Now" button. Press the "Clear Memory Cache Now" as well. Select "Okay". Try your selection in Netscape again.
For Communicator: Select Edit|Preferences|Advanced|Cache, and select clear cache buttons.

Another possible cause for the empty document message is that the page you are trying to access actually does not have any data in it or (for Internet pages) long delays on the Internet have caused the connection to "time out." When this happens, try again later. Also, sometimes the data on the page does not translate into html.

woodchip 12:51 20 Oct 04

Get it reguler, don't think it's a time out, as if I press the refresh button the post is there in the thread

woodchip 12:53 20 Oct 04

PS I also get the Message when the page shows blank and it continues loading it does not stop the page loading

woodchip 13:04 20 Oct 04

Hears the latest that am getting the cursor in the post this thread box keeps going awol

woodchip 13:12 20 Oct 04

Just done a Reboot and it's just the same both the above faults still there

JonnyTub 13:25 20 Oct 04

Don't know if this is even relevant, but try flushing the dns.

Start run, type cmd and from the command prompt type ipconfig /flushdns

woodchip 13:38 20 Oct 04

Tried you post and it seems to be working at the moment. And will now print the above of. Can you explain exactly what it does. Will now tick this box but would like to know the above

woodchip 13:39 20 Oct 04

And Thank's For the Help

JonnyTub 13:44 20 Oct 04

ahem , well, erm, i dunno :-)

I think it basically clears out all the junk cluutering your connection, it's a command i've used a lot which works, but i don't really understand much about it yet.

1) Short for Domain Name System (or Service or Server), an Internet service that translates domain names into IP addresses. Because domain names are alphabetic, they're easier to remember. The Internet however, is really based on IP addresses. Every time you use a domain name, therefore, a DNS service must translate the name into the corresponding IP address. For example, the domain name click here might translate to 198.105.232.4.
The DNS system is, in fact, its own network. If one DNS server doesn't know how to translate a particular domain name, it asks another one, and so on, until the correct IP address is returned.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…