INTERNET DISCONNECTS WHEN TELEPHONE RINGS

Rickyv 19:35 26 Dec 05

When our telephone rings the broadband internet connection, disconnects. The only way to get it to work is to ring the home phone number (sometimes 2 or 3 times. Then for some reason the internet comes back on. I am with Wannadoo and tey cannot help (pretty useless all of them). I have bought new microfilters but that hasnt helped. The phones are DECT ones. The total REM for all phones and ADSL/modem is 3. I am using a BT 2100 ADSL/modem router, but i have also tried Netgear and Belkin ones and they are the same. Any suggestions???

Freddog™ 10:17 27 Dec 05

Hey, click here
I think this will help.

Rickyv 10:39 27 Dec 05

I have replaced all the filters at least three times. They make no difference.

Freddog™ 10:45 27 Dec 05

Erm... Hit it with a sledge hammer?

Is there not a setting with dissconect when telephone rings or something?

Rickyv 10:58 27 Dec 05

sounds like a possibility - but where?

Freddog™ 11:34 27 Dec 05

I can't remember as I'm now on Broadband.

Rickyv 13:29 27 Dec 05

ER - so am I!!

Freddog™ 13:57 27 Dec 05

I meant I use Cable.
Before I had Dial-Up so I knew.

Superstylin 14:15 27 Dec 05

how exactly do you have the netowrk setup? ie in what configuration are your phones, pc's, router and filters?

Rickyv 14:25 27 Dec 05

The ADSL router is plugged into the master BT socket via a micro filter. A dect phone is also plugged in here via the filter. This phone is part of a 3 phone set. We have another DECT phone plugged into a seperate socket via another filter. This is also an answerphone and has another handset in a different room (but not connected to the phone line direct).

selfbuild 16:08 27 Dec 05

Try unplugging the phone that is sharing the filter with the ADSL router....

What happens? does the internet disconnect when the phone rings?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…